Expert advice for effective management of water resources
Download our new resource: Innovation for PR19 business planning
Ricardo has a wealth of water and environmental knowledge, expertise, technical skills and extensive capability, enabling us to provide industry-leading services, including:
- Water resources assessment, modelling, management and planning for rural and urban water environments.
- Identifying opportunities to optimise water use to enhance food security in irrigated and rainfed conditions.
- River basin management and modelling.
- Hydrological modelling.
- Water accounting and productivity.
- Farm-to-basin scale hydrology assessment.
- Drought planning and management.
- Sustainable water yield assessment of gauged and ungauged catchments.
- Agricultural and environmental water management.
- Developing decision-support systems (remote sensing, geographic information system (GIS) and information technology (IT)) for agriculture, water resources and drought management, hydrology and catchment management.
- Multi-use reservoir management.
- Climate change impacts and adaptation for water resources and the agricultural sector.
- Hydro-ecology monitoring and assessment.
- Feasibility studies and strategic environmental assessment for water infrastructure development proposals.
- Tailored capacity building in water and environmental management.
- Consultation and engagement with researchers, farmers, relevant industry stakeholders and
representative community groups.
Ricardo specialises in developing and implementing policy and is a trusted adviser on water resources and drought management, irrigation modernisation, catchment management, hydrological modelling and water management. This includes helping our clients to engage successfully with stakeholders, governments, donor agencies and regulators.
We also provide leading expertise in a range of key disciplines such as air quality, climate change, ecology, environmental impact assessment and waste management. We support governments, donor agencies and the agri-business sector to define and implement water and environmental
policies and strategies to enable sustainable growth and food security under irrigated and rainfed conditions.
We will work in partnership with you to add value to the delivery of your water and environment projects, providing innovative, independent and smart technical solutions. You will have a dedicated senior leader to support you and provide a consistent single point of contact, bringing together a team of professional experts to work with you to hit your project deadlines, budget and other key success factors. Our experts will work with you as an integral part of your team during all planning, development, reporting and management phases. Our team facilitates lasting relationships with stakeholders, building trust and enabling effective engagement to deliver robust solutions aligned to operational and financial requirements for clients.