Helping you understand, manage and maintain water quality
Ricardo has extensive capability in delivering surveys, modelling and assessments, compiled by an experienced team of water quality experts, to help you manage water quality.
Ricardo offers a comprehensive suite of survey and monitoring capabilities including:
- Phase 1 Habitat
- National Vegitation Classification (NVC) surveys
- protected species surveys;
- River Habitat Surveys and GeoRHS
- mesohabitat mapping and hydromorphological characterisation
- boat-based river and coastal surveys
- sediment sampling and analysis
- contaminated land Phase 1 and 2 surveys
- catchment baseline surveys
- fluvial audit; drainage and flood modelling
- GIS mapping; geomorphological and geological mapping
- hydrological, hydromorphological
- water quality modelling
We focus on providing survey and analytical programmes that are scientifically designed and carefully scoped to be fit for purpose, so that the dataset obtained is robust and helps to meet your objectives.
- Developed a Water Framework Directive environmental performance tool for Anglian Water, which included developing WFD quality changes models,
cost benefit analysis and water quality data assessment.
Bat surveys as part of demolition works for Brown & Mason Ltd, including providing an understanding of mitigation actions and support to obtain a Natural England licence.
- Environmental permit study for de-icant discharge on behalf of Liverpool
Airport Ltd, including drainage analysis, impact assessment and support with environmental permitting.