Supporting businesses to implement effective resource efficiency
Ricardo assists organisations to prepare baseline assessments of their sites, processes and policies, thus identifying opportunities to optimise resource use, ensuring legislative compliance, realising financial savings and improving performance of staff, services and systems. We can tailor a plan to suit your organisation involving some or all of:
- Measuring and monitoring resource usage.
- Resource efficiency and duty of care audits.
- Waste composition studies.
- Action planning to prioritise focus areas for resource efficiency.
- Waste prevention assessments.
- Staff training and mentoring.
- Sustainable procurement strategy development.
- Supply chain engagement.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Managing the Resource Efficient Scotland Advice and Support Hub, providing advice covering raw materials, energy and water efficiency for organisations throughout Scotland.
- Delivering sustainable procurement support to public sector organisations in Wales.
- Undertaking an annual survey of the Scottish organics recycling industry.
- Supporting the procurement of healthcare waste management services.
- Producing a food and packaging waste reduction plan for a wholesale distribution company.
- Delivering support to the food and drink sector in Wales.
- Demonstrating the value of waste prevention to the healthcare sector.
- Developing an online resource efficiency training course.