Comprehensive support with greenhouse gas reporting and assurance
Since 2013 all UK companies listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange have been mandated to report on their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. More recently non-financial reporting has stretched the requirement to a wider audience of companies. To comply, companies need to include a number of pieces of GHG information in their annual Director’s report:
- Total figures for their Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions
- Emissions reported as an intensity ratio
- A year on year comparison of absolute emissions and intensity ratios
- A statement on the GHG methodology adopted
As the company that provides the UK Government with the GHG conversion factors each year, Ricardo is a leading expert in accurate corporate GHG reporting.
Using our knowledge of the factors we help numerous businesses annually to calculate and report their emissions through a variety of voluntary and mandatory reporting mechanisms including mandatory GHG reporting, CDP and the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
Our services include:
- Support in developing a strategy for reporting
- Assistance in gathering data
- GHG footprint calculations
- Support in reporting your emissions data
- GHG calculation assurance and verification of data and approach
- Advice on implementing new requirements, such as the new Scope 2 reporting guidelines.
GHG reporting assurance
Ricardo is uniquely placed to deliver the assurance of GHG inventories and carbon footprints against ISO 14064-3, the Carbon Trust Standard and others. We also support sector schemes such as the Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA).
Our assurance service will involve a comprehensive review of your data management and reporting procedures, as well as a review of your environmental data, calculations, and assumptions.
Based on this, we will provide detailed feedback on any issues identified and guidance on how to improve your processes. All of this will culminate in a final verification report and an opinion statement which can be submitted to platforms such as CDP.