Article 8 of the European Union's Energy Efficiency Directive (EU EED)
If your company needs help with its Article 8 compliance, we can assist you:
- Scoping - Understanding your compliance requirements by carrying out a review of your operations against each country’s specific compliance rules.
- Compliance - Providing compliance support throughout Europe through our tried and tested network of in-country partners
Why choose us?
- We led a study for the European Commission on the status of Article 8 implementation across Europe. We have an unrivalled insight into how each Member State has implemented Article 8, and what the requirements are.
- We can therefore tell you if you have achieved compliance in each country, or notify you of when a specific country has implemented their requirements.
- We have supported a range of multi-national organisations to achieve compliance across a variety of Member States including the UK.
What is Article 8 of the European Union's Energy Efficiency Directive?
Article 8 requires each Member State, or EU country, to mandate non-SMEs to undertake energy audits at least every four years. The unfortunate thing is that Member States can choose how to do this and, to date, each one has interpreted it differently, and many are at different stages of implementation. This means that the picture across Europe is complicated, particularly for multi-national companies operating in more than one Member State.
UK businesses and ESOS
The UK’s response to Article 8 is the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS). Find out more about ESOS and our services in this area.