- Anaerobic digestion (AD) acquisition technical due diligence
- Expert witness in insurance claims and disputes for AD and mechanical biological treatment (MBT)
- Independent certification for MBT, AD and materials recovery facilities (MRF)
Simon is an experienced Environmental Engineer and Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) with 20 years’ relevant experience. Having worked extensively in the waste industry, Simon has gained an in-depth understanding of UK and European environmental legislation and waste treatment technologies. He has advised on numerous AD schemes, MRFs and MBT plants utilising mechanical separation and recovery along with composting and/or AD to treat the separated organic fraction.
- Experienced expert witness in insurance claims and disputes relating to AD and MBT schemes.
- Experienced in AD (food and farm waste) acquisition and refinancing technical due diligence, commercial, regulatory and environmental due diligence assessments.
- Experienced in independent certification and as technical advisor in the procurement, construction, commissioning and acceptance testing of waste treatment plants.
- Extensive site work, including witnessing ramp-up, testing under a range of conditions, break-down events and operations
- Technology feasibility assessments and options appraisal.
- Experienced in environmental permitting, auditing and risk assessment.
Simon's experience as expert witness to insurers has involved working as long-term advisor, via an international law firm, in relation to one of the UK’s largest waste PFI contracts involving complex and multiple issues, multiple parties, and bespoke and extensive contract documentation. Simon was instructed to advise extensively on defect causation and responsibility, concurrency of multiple issues, and whether proposed remedial measures have been reasonable and proportionate. Simon’s advice has included assisting quantum specialists in determining the value of claims.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1235 753 384
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness