- Project and Owner’s Engineer for thermal waste treatment and large-scale solid recovered fuel (SRF) processing schemes
- Due diligence and expert witness for conventional and advanced thermal treatment and mechanical treatment of waste
- Contracting and procurement of various thermal and mechanical process technologies
Rob has over 27 years of experience in energy and waste to energy infrastructure development. He is an experienced project engineer and development manager with a strong commercial and technical background in the successful development of infrastructure projects from concept to commissioning and operations. Rob previously managed the successful development of SRF projects and advised on technical due diligence and commercial agreements for projects and opportunities for a leading UK waste company. He also formerly led the Thermal Technology Group within the Energy Services Team of a large UK engineering consultancy, having spent 12 years with a leading energy company. Areas of waste infrastructure development expertise are:
- Commercial and technical development, procurement and contracting for medium and large-scale energy and waste infrastructure projects (various contract forms).
- Owner’s Engineer for a 60,000 tonne per annum UK EfW facility.
- Due diligence of large waste management companies, including in a successful acquisition.
- Definition of business plans; shaping the conceptual design against the plan; specification and procurement; negotiation of technology and energy supply contracts.
- Assessment of risks associated with emerging technologies for purchasers and lenders.
- Combined heat and power (CHP) project development, including site selection, developing EPC contractor documentation and negotiating utility easements.
Rob has a strong knowledge of commercial drivers for projects and required consents so is well placed to advise on all aspects of projects. Operationally, Rob has commissioned large waste treatment facilities and has direct experience of the need to ensure that performance monitoring criteria are correctly identified and implemented. Rob’s experience also enables him to provide expert opinion on the performance of waste treatment schemes in commercial disputes and insurance claims.
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness