- Specialist in heat, combined heat and power (CHP), bioenergy and district heating
- Over 17 years' as consultant and Project Engineer in power generation sector
- Auditor of CHP and renewable heat installations and expert in range of energy technologies
Martin is a Principal Consultant with over 17 years’ experience in energy and consulting, including five years’ experience in the UK power generation industry, where he provided technical and project management support to engineering construction projects at power generating stations. Martin joined the energy from waste (EfW) technical due diligence team from the combined heat and power (CHP) team in Ricardo’s energy division. He now applies his expertise gained as senior auditor and validator for the CHP Quality Assurance (CHPQA) programme and the Non-Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme in waste to energy due diligence and expert witness roles.
- Experience of a wide variety of CHP technologies and extensive knowledge of conventional thermal power plant technologies, operations and maintenance.
- Technical due diligence, feasibility studies and financial analysis of conventional and advanced thermal treatment (gasification and pyrolysis) technologies for waste and biomass.
- Technical evaluation of technologies to convert waste and biomass to liquid fuel and chemical products for the UK Department for Transport.
- Expertise in renewable energy incentive schemes, including applying for and maintaining Ofgem accreditations and undertaking RHI independent sustainability audit reports (ISAR).
- Lender’s Technical Advisor for anaerobic digestion (AD) assets.
- Expertise in biomethane upgrading and gas-to-grid technologies and commercial assessment of biomethane deployment.
Martin’s expertise is regularly used for technical auditing of bioenergy schemes to confirm plant performance and compliance with regulatory requirements. Martin has also applied his expertise as an expert witness in a civil dispute involving investigating the cause of underperformance of a biomass boiler plant and associated heat network. Martin is a qualified Mechanical Engineer, Associate Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and Graduate Member of the Energy Institute.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1235 753 653
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness