- Energy from waste (EfW) infrastructure Owner’s Engineer and Lender’s Technical Advisor
- Expert witness in commercial disputes & claims for thermal waste treatment infrastructure
- Advanced conversion technology (ACT) gasification facility technical due diligence
Mark is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer with 20 years of experience. Since 2008 Mark has specialised in waste to energy infrastructure development, including leading technical due diligence assessments, construction site supervision, and expert opinion in commercial disputes & insurance claims. Mark is an experienced Independent Certifier, Owner's Engineer and Lender’s Technical Advisor for EfW projects. Specific areas of waste infrastructure expertise are:
- Delivering conventional incineration and anaerobic digestion (AD) facilities from inception, through development and procurement, to construction, testing and commissioning.
- Technical due diligence of advanced thermal treatment technologies, including gasification, pyrolysis and autoclaving, treating biomass, residual and hazardous waste.
- Technical expertise in waste and biomass processing to manufacture transport fuels.
- Technical and commercial feasibility analysis to highlight project risks and opportunities.
- Expert witness for construction and operational phases of gasification facilities.
- Broad expertise and technical background in waste treatment processes, for example plant design, supplier capability assessment, tender evaluation, life cycle costs, utility connections, Best Available Techniques (BAT), manufacture of mechanical components, civil construction and equipment installation.
Mark has acted as Technical Advisor and Project Manager for the procurement and construction of an AD plant under an EPC(M) contracting arrangement, with process equipment delivered under an IChemE Red Book form of contract and civil elements under an NEC form of contract. Mark has also acted as Technical Advisor and Red Book Project Manager responsible for the procurement and construction of a conventional incineration facility.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1235 753 230
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness