Jack is a Chartered Resource and Waste Manager specialising in waste facility permitting and market due diligence assessments.
Jack has managed environmental permit applications for waste operations and for industrial installations subject to the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED), giving a clear understanding of technologies, management systems, control measures and the commercial implications of regulatory requirements. Jack has gained valuable experience of determining permit applications for industrial installations through a long-term secondment with a UK regulator.
Jack has an in-depth understanding of the UK waste market and is experienced in analysing and interpreting waste data to underpin and inform evidence-based investment decisions. He has led commercial and market due diligence assessments on the buy and sell side for a range of waste treatment asset types. Jack is also familiar with waste facility operations and has prepared written evidence concerning adherence with Acceptance Testing requirements at a large UK waste treatment facility, informing a successful High Court judgement.
Jack’s specific expertise includes:
- Working knowledge of the environmental permitting regime and associated waste management and environmental legislation, regulatory guidance and policy.
- Regulator-led permit variations to incorporate new Best Available Technique (BAT) Conclusions into existing permits for waste treatment activities.
- Strategic permitting and regulatory advice in commercial disputes and to support regulatory and technical due diligence assessments.
- Collection, analysis, interpretation and application of waste data.
- Waste feedstock availability and market due diligence assessments to provide evidence to developers seeking to secure funding for waste infrastructure projects.
- Competition assessments and monitoring UK waste treatment infrastructure development from conception to operations.
Connect with Jack on LinkedIn
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness