- Design, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of gasification plant
- Market and technical due diligence assessments for waste treatment infrastructure
- Clear commercial and technical insight to provide assurance to funders
David has over 15 years’ experience in the waste sector and over 25 years’ experience in mechanical and civil engineering and project management in the UK, Middle East and beyond. For over 2 years, David directed the design, resourcing, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of a £120m capital value energy from waste (EfW) gasification plant. The facility included a materials recovery facility (MRF) producing fuel to the required specification for the gasifier, and maximising recycling. Specific areas of waste infrastructure expertise are:
- Experience as an EPC contractor delivering a gasification plant under the IChemE Red Book form of contract. Managed up to 20 sub-contractors and ensured this complex project was brought in under budget and meeting the scope of the contract.
- Applying well developed commercial and engineering skills to explore and realise solutions to technical problems encountered on a ground-breaking EfW project, such as ensuring maximum thermal output to optimise power generation across all operating conditions.
- Market and technical due diligence assessments for waste treatment infrastructure.
- Providing owners, developers, private investors, equity groups and banks the assurance required to place critical funding to develop waste infrastructure.
- Experience of strategic planning and business development deployed to support to some of the UK’s largest waste companies and to provide pivotal support to tier 2 companies.
David brings rare insight of delivering thermal and mechanical waste treatment infrastructure as an EPC contractor into a consulting role. This provides an unprecedented perspective of the challenges and risks for developers, investors, EPC contractors and the global supply chain that are looking to support the deployment of UK waste infrastructure capable of meeting the needs of this complex sector. David’s experience gives a clear understanding of the key financial drivers for developers and investors, and the drivers and commercial tensions that affect EPC contractors and the supply chain.
Email: David [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0) 1235 753 235
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness