- Experienced process engineer with a practical background in waste industry operations
- Experience overseeing commissioning and acceptance testing of facilities, and ramp-up to full contract service delivery and steady state operations
- In-depth understanding of process design and engineering deliverables
Adam is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer with over 10 years of experience in the waste and recycling industry. Prior to joining Ricardo in 2018, Adam was a Senior Process Engineer with Biffa Waste Services based at a large residual waste treatment facility during commissioning and into full operations. Adam previously worked with Shanks Waste Management and Babcock Environmental Engineering (formerly VT Environmental Engineering). Adam’s experience has provided an in depth understanding of a wide range of waste industry technologies, including anaerobic digestion (AD), mechanical biological treatment (MBT), mechanical recovery facilities (MRF), combined heat and power (CHP), autoclaving and composting.
- Experienced in all aspects of project development and delivery from bidding, design, project management and delivery under CDM, to commissioning and process engineering of new facilities.
- Experienced in operational aspects of running a large process plant safely, effectively and profitably, ensuring KPIs are achieved and plant performance is optimised through continuous improvement.
- Experienced in ensuring regulatory compliance to ensure the sustainability of operations.
- Experienced in due diligence assessments and feasibility studies for prospective projects.
- Understands commercial aspects of operating a large waste facility, including authoring contract schedules, monthly service reports and change notifications for major modifications.
- Experienced in presenting and reviewing designs and proposals at HAZOP, FMEA and ALM reviews.
Adam’s experience in the operational aspects of running a large process plant, including collecting, analysing and trending plant performance data, designing and implementing process improvement projects, managing interfaces between contractors, and reviewing and updating P&IDs following plant upgrades, provides invaluable insight as a due diligence advisor and Owner’s Engineer.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1235 753 346
View our experts in Due Diligence and Expert Witness