George is a Chartered Engineer and specialist in combustion processes and project development of energy, biomass, waste and chemical processes. His role includes economics, strategy, project management, process design, process simulation (Aspen, Chemcad), PFDs, P&IDs, reactor design, IP strategy, cashflow modelling, techno-economic modelling, project risk analysis and coordinating the process engineering team. He has developed and implemented risk analysis methodologies and high quality workflow processes within the team.
He has worked internationally in renewable energy, mining, manufacturing and public sectors and has expertise in high temperature combustion technologies (gasification and pyrolysis) for energy from waste / biomass, biogas / syngas utilisation & CHP.
He has also lead / coordinated multidisciplinary teams delivering projects for clients. Highlights of his previous experience includes:
- Guest lecturer UCL on project engineering and process economics October 2015
- Design and development of world first advanced high efficiency gasification project, including process design, procurement, process economics, project & technical risk analysis and mitigation.
- 350 ktpa, £200M+ Biorefinery feasibility study including procurement of technology supplier, technical and business case development, bid evaluation, estimation of revenues, FEL 3 capex, opex and through life cost estimations for 2nd generation biofuels project in Southern Africa.
- Long term EfW technology landscape assessment & gap analysis for Energy Technologies Institute.
- Secondment to as technical biomass and renewable energy expert to Ofgem providing technical advice related to renewable heat, syngas & biomethane for RHI.