Live webinar: Thursday 19 March 2020, 11:00 - 12:00 (GMT)
The UK's climate emergency and net zero targets
There are ever-growing pressures facing organisations to respond to the climate emergency and many are making commitments to achieve net zero emissions, but what does this look like in reality and what, specifically, does your business need to consider?
Ricardo's carbon management experts are delivering change for clients across many sectors of the economy. We are working with executive boards to develop their own net zero strategies, compiling the business case for carbon mitigation measures and implementing solutions that ultimately contribute to the UK's net zero targets. These projects are taking advantage of the opportunities presented by the net zero agenda and allowing organisations to demonstrate their contribution to addressing the climate emergency.
About this webinar
In this second of our three free webinars, our energy and carbon management experts will show you how you can develop a net zero target and the role offsets can play.
We will look at:
- what makes an effective net zero target: a breakdown of the key components
- what could your emissions could look like in future, both with proactive effort and without
- deciding your net zero target
- offsetting - markets, standards, when to implement, costs and how to avoid greenwash
Who should attend:
- Sustainability and environmental managers.
- Finance directors.
- Managing directors.
- Chief executive officers.
Register for the webinar
- Ian Behling, Principal Consultant, Energy and Carbon Management, Ricardo
- Simon Morris, Principal Consultant, Energy and Carbon Management, Ricardo
Part two of three in our net zero series
This webinar is the second in our series featuring our carbon management experts explaining how organisations can respond effectively to the challenge of net zero emissions. Find out more about the other sessions:
- Developing a business strategy for net zero emissions Watch the recording online
- Planning for net zero emissions: how to get started in 2020, Thursday 19 March 11:00 - 12:00 - Register
- Successfully implementing net zero: a how-to guide for UK companies, Thursday 14 May 11:00 - 12:00 - Register
If you have any questions about the webinar please email Ricardo Webinars, and to speak to us about our net zero services email Simon Morris or call 01235 75 3407.