Live webinar: Thursday 16 January 2019, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The UK's climate emergency and net zero targets
There are ever-growing pressures facing organisations to respond to the climate emergency and many are making commitments to achieve net zero emissions, but what does this look like in reality and what, specifically, does your business need to consider?
Ricardo's carbon management experts are delivering change for clients across many sectors of the economy. We are working with executive boards to develop their own net zero strategies, compiling the business case for carbon mitigation measures and implementing solutions that ultimately contribute to the UK's net zero targets. These projects are taking advantage of the opportunities presented by the net zero agenda and allowing organisations to demonstrate their contribution to addressing the climate emergency.
About this webinar
In this first of three free webinars, our experts draw on their experience of supporting organisations to decouple increasing production from increasing carbon emissions to provide you with a better understanding of what net zero looks like, and what you need to consider when developing an effective net zero strategy. This will be followed in March with a session on developing a net zero implementation plan and a final session in May on implementing the plan.
During this webinar we will outline what net zero actually means and share with you:
- What is driving change, the long-term policy drivers and support measures.
- What messaging should be communicated internally and externally.
- How net zero can be integrated into your wider business strategy.
- How to bring about change within your company.
- Lessons learnt by companies that have taken early action to decarbonise.
Who should attend?
Register for the webinar
- Sustainability and environmental managers.
- Finance directors.
- Managing directors.
- Chief executive officers.
Part one of three in our net zero series
This webinar is the first in our series featuring our carbon management experts explaining how organisations can respond effectively to the challenge of net zero emissions. Find out more and register for our other sessions:
- Developing a business strategy for net zero emissions, Thursday 16 January 11:00 - 12:00
- Planning for net zero emissions: how to get started in 2020, Thursday 19 March 11:00 - 12:00 - Register
- Successfully implementing net zero: a how-to guide for UK companies, Thursday 14 May 11:00 - 12:00 - Register
If you have any questions about the webinar please email Ricardo Webinars, and to speak to us about our net zero services email Simon Morris or call 01235 75 3407.