Informing the decision making processes for the allocation of scarce resources
Ricardo has considerable experience supporting environmental policy and investment decisions. We have worked extensively for governments and businesses worldwide, providing high-quality economic analysis and insight. We add value by bringing together economics techniques with practical expertise in the relevant environmental issues.
Our dedicated team of economists employ a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods, including cost-benefit analysis, input-output modelling and cost-effectiveness analysis. Our approaches are tailored to the policy issues of concern and frequently involve the development of bespoke modelling solutions. We also develop models to support the financing of environmental projects and strategies.
Our analysis is underpinned by a detailed knowledge of the sectors, businesses and technologies concerned, ensuring our work is grounded by an understanding of how markets work in practice. We work in accordance with the relevant regional, national or international guidance, drawing upon our extensive experience working with, and closely for, policy makers, corporates and investment organisations. Our environmental economics services include:
- Economic impact assessment of projects, policies and programmes.
- Valuing environmental goods and ecosystem services and quantifying environmental externalities.
- Analysis of environmental-economic linkages, including impacts on jobs, productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental technology appraisal and market assessment.
- Green growth and economic development strategy design.
- Development of business cases for infrastructure funding.
Industrial Emissions Directive derogation: cost-benefit analysis tool - providing the UK's Environment Agency a cost-benefit analysis tool and an associated guidance document to assess derogations requests under the Industrial Emissions Directive.
Click here to view the tool.
Formulation of Sectoral Studies (Electricity, Fuel, Industry and Agriculture) and Proposition of Design Options for Carbon Pricing Instruments in Brazil
- Assessment of Carbon Pricing instruments – Carbon Taxes or Emissions Trading Systems – which should be implemented in the sectors in Brazil.
- Review of the costs and benefits of the Northern Ireland Executive’s 40% Renewable Electricity Target.
Click here to view the report.
Green Incentives for Climate Competitive Industries : A Practitioner’s Handbook - Our experts supported the World Bank with the development of a handbook to provide instruction on the design and implementation of incentives for resource-efficiency purposes.
Click here to view the handbook.