Helping you to protect soil and water quality
Ricardo can provide you with the agricultural and environmental expertise needed to deliver sustainable solutions at local or national level. Our management services will help you ensure long term access to water resources; improve soil quality; encourage species diversity; and develop a sustainable and resilient agricultural industry.
Our team has extensive experience in the development of both UK and European policy impacting agriculture. Our work includes improving the efficiency of nutrient use and optimising pesticide use while minimising the associated negative impacts. We engage and facilitate a broad range of industry stakeholders and apply the most up-to date research from academia, policymakers and business to manage finite resources.
Our resource management services include:
- Economic evaluation of measures to reduce the environmental impacts of pesticides and fertilisers.
- Advisory service on the simultaneous implementation of both UK and EU policy.
- Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping and modelling of risks.
- Flood and drought management.
- River restoration catchment planning.
- Water quality monitoring and evaluation.
- Management of diffuse pollution (e.g. agricultural land, forestry, septic tanks).
- Policy advice on compliance with EU Water Framework Directive.
- Auditing of water consumption, and strategy on the implementation of water efficiency.
- Water abstraction licencing and policy advice.