Improving industrial energy efficiency
Ricardo’s specialists have a proven track record of designing and implementing industrial energy efficiency mechanisms, including voluntary agreements, subsidy policies and carbon markets.
We can provide support to you through policy design; capacity building and technical expertise in industrial emissions abatement; renewable energy; climate finance; measurement, reporting and verification (MRV); and inventory design. Our services include:
- Establishing energy efficiency programmes that cover supply and demand sides across all major sectors.
- Supporting governments in the design of new programmes using policy tools such as stakeholder engagement, impact assessment and evaluation.
- New and emerging technology reviews including abatement assessment, benchmarking and scenario analysis.
- Supporting companies in meeting their objectives for energy efficiency and carbon reductions.
- Carrying out energy efficiency compliance auditing.
- Training and capacity building to manage energy systems and improve energy efficiency.
- Producing practical ‘how-to’ guides and case studies.
- Providing benchmark data enabling organisations to compare their energy use with that of competitors and industry best practice.
- Support to the World Bank for the development of energy efficiency certificate trading for the main industrial enterprises in China.
- Abatement assessments for the UK Committee on Climate Change of industrial sectors (refineries, iron and steel, cement, chemicals, food and drink, and glass) that emit large quantities of carbon dioxide.
- Developing industrial emissions benchmarks for products and energy use.
- Implementing a major UK Government programme of tax incentives for capital investment in energy efficiency equipment.
- Developing and managing the Good Quality Combined Heat and Power (CHP) accreditation system.
- Managing a programme of industrial energy audits in the Russian Federation for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).