This study on urban accessibility has been designed to maximise the opportunities to advance the understanding of urban accessibility in order to improve the functioning of urban areas and make the transport system in Europe’s urban areas more efficient.
The study comprised five key tasks covering:
- Task 1 State of the art review – understanding and assessing urban accessibility
- Task 2 Estimation of European urban road congestion costs
- Task 3 Relative efficiency of urban passenger transport modes
- Task 4 Best practice examples – increasing accessibility
- Task 5 Policy recommendations