In this webinar, a panel of speakers, including the Minister of Energy of Chile, H.E. Juan Carlos Jobet, discuss the untapped potential in many countries to develop production and exports of zero emission energy sources that can be used in shipping, as well as support the broader energy transition.
Speakers from EDF and Ricardo briefly summarised findings from two recent, joint studies focused on electrofuels for shipping and potential benefits from their wider implementation. Those presentations were followed by a commentary by Dr Tue Johannessen, Senior Innovation Portfolio Manager at Maersk, who discussed the potential from an industry perspective.
- Aoife O’Leary, Shipping Director, Environmental Defense Fund
- Nick Ash, Consultant in Energy and Decarbonization, Ricardo
- Tue Johannessen, Senior Innovation Portfolio Manager, Maersk
- Johannah Christensen, Managing Director, Global Maritime Forum (moderator)
- H.E. Juan Carlos Jobet Eluchans, Minister of Energy, Chile