Ricardo and the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation have recorded a presentation on readiness for climate finance, which uses a recent project in India as a case study.
India, like most developing countries, has made significant commitments to improve its national response to climate change. To meet these commitments it will require substantial investment through a combination of public, private and international climate finance.
The Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation commissioned Ricardo Energy & Environment to investigate India's climate finance readiness and deliver a practical guide to support policy makers to increase India's ability to access and mobilise climate finance. For more information on the policy makers guide click here.
Climate finance pre-recorded video presentation
The presentation will provide you with information on climate finance readiness, based on Ricardo's extensive experience of working on international climate finance projects and providing insight into the lessons learned from the work in India.
The presentation covers:
- the concept of ‘climate finance readiness’ and its practical application
- an overview of India’s climate finance readiness including strengths, weakness and gaps
- actions that can be taken to address climate finance readiness gaps
- an opportunity to ask the speakers questons
Who is this for?
- National policy makers
- International donors
- Development finance institutes
- International financiers