It recaps on how adaptation is included in the Paris Agreement and NDCs, and explore the potential links between NDCs and the process to formulate and implement national adaptation plans (NAPs). We explain how the NAP process can be used to facilitate efforts to implement the adaptation components of NDCs, and vice versa, and provide practical advice on the next steps to accelerate action.
The complimentary webinar is co-hosted by Ricardo and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
What will the webinar cover?
- Adaptation in the Paris Agreement – challenges and opportunities
- A snapshot of adaptation in the NDCs Overview of the NAP process
- Potential links between NDCs and the NAP process (including a review of financing and institutional frameworks)
- Practical next steps in implementing the adaptation component
- Richard Smithers, Ricardo
- Julia Olivier, Climate Policy Support Programme, GIZ
- Emelia Holdaway, Ricardo
- Navina Sanchez, Climate Policy Support Programme, GIZ