Kenya's overarching national MRV system: an implementation guide
This guidance provides important analysis of the state of play of climate MRV and M&E in Kenya in the context of the Climate Change Act and the National Climate Change Action Plans and through extensive stakeholder engagement, provides practical, scalable, transferable and most importantly Kenya specific recommendations for how Kenya can operationalise their overarching MRV framework and implement their national integrated MRV system.
The key sections of the report are as such:
- Introduction to climate change MRV
- Climate change reporting in Kenya
- Kenya’s overarching MRV framework
- Integrating sectoral and national reporting in Kenya
- Integrating subnational and national reporting in Kenya
- How to effectively track progress of climate actions in Kenya
- How to manage data management and quality in Kenya’s MRV system
This implementation guidance was developed under the GNIplus programme as part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI).
To read more about our MRV expertise click here.