Effective air quality monitoring
Ricardo has been the UK’s leading air quality monitoring organisation for many years and our monitoring expertise is increasingly recognised internationally. Robust monitoring is essential for understanding compliance with regulatory limits and, just as importantly, for designing effective and targeted actions to improve air quality and reduce impacts on health and the environment. We have been providing bespoke air quality monitoring solutions for over six decades and our work provides the bedrock for the UK’s national air quality monitoring network. This means that we are ideally placed to develop bespoke air quality monitoring solutions for clients in the public and private sector. Our services include:
- Designing and installing continuous monitoring surveys and networks to the same standards as those used in the national networks.
- Designing and installing bespoke air quality monitoring surveys for any other air pollutant.
- MODUS – robust, reliable and effective management of air quality data, enabling automated data collection, validation, quality assurance and dissemination through websites and apps for mobile devices.
- Modelling and data visualisation using state-of-the-art techniques for presenting and interpreting complex data in an engaging and accessible format.
- UKAS-accredited Airborne Particle Measurement Centre (APCM) provides validation of vehicle emission ultrafine particle measurement systems in accordance with international regulations, including particle number counter calibration and diluter calibration. The APMC also delivers industry-leading particle measurement services to quantify particle numbers, mass and size.
- Assessment and management of nanomaterials.
- Dedicated odour laboratory providing the essential combination of UKAS-accredited odour monitoring (olfactometry) with expertise in assessment and management of odours.
- Vehicle emissions monitoring helping you to understand the impact of real-world vehicle performance.
- Developing air quality measurement apps such as uBreathe.