We recognise that our suppliers and contractors are engaged in a wide range of activities, differ considerably in size and have varying experience in safety, health and environmental management. Ricardo Energy & Environment is therefore not prescriptive in its requirements although we do expect, as a minimum, that our suppliers:
- Understand their own health and safety issues and environmental impacts and the choices available to them to minimise these impacts;
- Understand Ricardo Energy & Environment's health and safety issues and environmental impacts (see our Safety, Health and Environmental Report) and be proactive in helping us to improve our safety, health and environmental performance;
- Comply with relevant safety, health and environmental legislation
For contractors working at our sites or working on our customers' sites, we require, in addition, compliance with relevant health & safety instructions which will be provided for each contract by the appointed contract supervising officer. In particular, we require that incidents are reported when working on Ricardo Energy & Environment sites or those of our clients that involve harm to people, equipment or the environment.
Incidents should be reported:
- In the first instance, to the Ricardo Energy & Environment contract officer
The report should include the following information:
- Name of persons involved
- Contact details
- Location of incident
- Nature of incident
- Immediate action taken
- Any follow up action taken
The Useful Health & Safety Links page suggests resources for help and advice on improving safety, health and environmental performance.
Please also see Ricardo Energy & Environment Contractor and Supplier Expectations (pdf).
Ricardo Energy & Environment has minimum expectations relating to the safety, health and environmental performance of our suppliers. These are:
- Legal compliance with all applicable safety, health and environmental legislation
- Use of competent and trained staff
- Appropriate risk management measures in place.
Please also see our policies