Minimising waste and delivering sustained organisational growth
Ricardo Energy & Environment provides governments, business and international agencies with expert analysis, advice and data to ensure compliance with regulation, minimise environmental impacts and deliver economically sustainable solutions.
We can support your decision-making with insightful supply chain audits that identify efficiency savings; help you manage risks and protect your reputation through due diligence assessments, identify performance improvements and cost savings as part of waste management service reviews and help to embed change through stakeholder engagement. The breadth of our expertise enables us to add value and make a substantial difference to the clients we assist, through robust data analysis and economic appraisal.
Our clients range from International governments, donor agencies and business through to local authorities and municipalities, charities and SMEs. They include Arriyadh Development Authority, City of Johannesburg, EBRD, ADB, MVV, Waste and Resources Industries of Queensland, Essex County Council, West Sussex County Council, WRAP, Zero Waste Scotland, Veolia, SERCO, Tamar, CIWM, OPRL, and the ESA. We have also regularly work for Universities and Hospitals on their resource efficiency and procurement needs and a wide range of Investors and Technology Companies supporting their investment programmes.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has helped reduce the UK’s annual CO2 emissions by 3.1 million tonnes through the projects we manage and are at the forefront of the procurement of new waste services, infrastructure solutions and partnering arrangements in the UK, Middle East and North Africa, Southern Africa, Australia and South East Asia. Our services include:
- Auditing & resource optimisation
- Circular economy business models and supply chain management
- Healthcare waste management support
- Municipal waste management strategies & action plans
- Re-use & third sector service delivery support
- Service reviews & benchmarking (collection services, bring systems, HWRCs)
- Waste service modelling, carbon assessments & life-cycle assessment
- Recycling communications & behavioral change programmes
- Waste treatment technology feasibility & environmental assessment
- Technology due diligence
- Feedstock assessments and investment business cases
- Infrastructure planning, EIA, and community consultation
- Contracts, tendering & procurement support
- Environmental permitting and planning support
- Managing odour and public health risks associated with waste management facilities
- Expert witness support
- International business development and market entry
- Capacity building & bespoke training