Comprehensive support with greenhouse gas reporting and assurance
Since 2013 all UK companies listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange have been mandated to report on their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. To comply, companies need to include a number of pieces of information in their annual Director’s report:
- Total figures for their Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions
- Emissions reported as an intensity ratio
- A year on year comparison of absolute emissions and intensity ratios
- A statement on the methodology used to compile the report
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading expert in corporate GHG reporting. We have helped a large number of organisations to develop reporting strategies, and to gather the data required to calculate and report their emissions through a variety of voluntary and mandatory reporting mechanisms including mandatory GHG reporting, CDP and the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
Each year, we support the UK government on the development of its GHG conversion factors and reporting methodology paper. This unique insight and support means that we work at the forefront of GHG reporting. Our services include:
- Support in developing a strategy for reporting
- Assistance in gathering data
- GHG footprint calculations
- Support in reporting your emissions data
- GHG calculation assurance
- Advice on implementing new requirements, such as the new Scope 2 reporting guidelines.
GHG reporting assurance
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s expertise in GHG and carbon inventories gained through managing many unique projects, coupled with our extensive experience in emissions management and reporting, we are uniquely placed to deliver the assurance of GHG inventories and carbon footprints against ISO 14064-3, the Carbon Trust Standard and others.
Our assurance service will involve a comprehensive review of your data management and reporting procedures, as well as a review of your environmental data, calculations, and assumptions. Based on this, we will provide detailed feedback on any issues identified and guidance on how to improve your processes. All of this will culminate in a final verification report and an opinion statement which can be submitted to platforms such as CDP.