- Least-cost generation expansion planning studies.
- Appraising heat and electricity generation projects from conventional fuels (such as coal and oil) and renewable energy sources (such as wind, hydro, solar and biomass).
- Electricity system planning (generation, trasmission and distribution).
- Master planning/integrated resource planning (IRP) studies.
- Supply/demand forecasting (including consideration of deman-side management).
- Power system operations support - generation scheduling, automatic generation control, operating reserves, ancillary services, frequency control, under frequency load shedding, governor control, technical training and smart grids.
- Energy investment analysis.
- Utility asset planning and optimisation.
- Rural electrification - design of funding and tariff mechanisms, and commercial arrangements.