Developing country-led climate finance access and delivery strategies.
We provide expertise to governments, donors, development banks and international institutions in:
- Climate investment planning and financing NDC implementation.
- Capacity building and strengthening national institutions to access climate finance.
- Identifying where public finance is best placed to leverage private sector funds.
- Tracking and evaluating climate finance flows.
We also support companies globally with investment opportunities and mitigating the business risks of climate regulation, enabling new revenue sources and ensuring long-term business security. In addition, we provide governance and compliance support for companies that are under increasing legislative and client scrutiny to disclose the carbon embedded in their assets, operations and supply chains.
Ricardo Energy & Environment can support you with a wide range of climate finance services including strategic advice, technical analysis and modelling, and training and capacity building. Our particular expertise includes:
- Green Climate Fund (GCF) readiness support to National Designated Authorities (NDAs), Accredited Entities and executing entities.
- Developing climate investment plans including appraising country support needs, and matching these to appropriate funding sources (international, domestic, public, private.
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMA) development and implementation.
- Identifying where public finance is best placed to leverage private sector finance.
- Mainstreaming climate considerations into infrastructure planning, budgetary processes and investment strategies.
- Designing systems for the measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) of climate finance flows.
- Evaluating the greenhouse gas (GHG) and sustainable development impacts of investments.
- Technical, commercial and project due diligence to inform investment decision making and transform policy into a pipeline of commercially viable projects.
- Building India’s climate finance readiness to access and more effectively use international climate finance to promote green growth and sustainable development.
- Identifying financing requirements for Cambodia’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP), assessing the cost to implement each activity underpinning the NAP, as well as current levels of finance available and any potential funding gaps.
- Climate finance readiness training in Bangladesh, Palestine, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda and Vietnam to support governments to access international funds like the GCF and Adaptation Fund, develop funding proposals and enhance intra-governmental coordination on climate finance.
- Project pipeline development in Palestine, including screening and prioritising climate change projects, and the development of GCF concept notes.
- Institutional assessments of potential Accredited Entities to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) in Bangladesh, Tanzania and Thailand in supporting public and private sector institutions to assess how far they fulfil the GCF's accreditation criteria, and supporting NDAs to screen and select Accredited Entities.
- Climate mainstreaming in the European Union budget, including greening of EU financing, financial tracking of climate-relevant spending, tracking of climate results/impacts of different EU instruments and reporting on climate mainstreaming.