Cities are increasingly exploring new methods for accessing finance for a range of different sustainability projects. Many suffer from a lack of expertise, capacity and poor credit ratings. Ricardo Energy & Environment works around the world, providing support for the organisations offering climate finance and the countries receiving it.
How can we help you?
For UN agencies, donors, development banks and international organisations, our experts can help you design climate finance architecture and track the effectiveness of investments. For countries receiving funds, we provide support, designing and implementing the climate change systems and frameworks required to demonstrate your finance readiness.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s team of technical, policy, economic and finance specialists work at the cutting edge of international climate finance. Our services include:
- Helping institutions to understand and navigate the complex and evolving international climate finance landscape.
- ‘Mainstreaming’ climate considerations into public infrastructure planning, budgetary processes, and investment strategies of public and private finance institutions.
- Appraising financing options for implementing mitigation and adaptation priorities, including the translation of policy into programmes and ‘bankable’ projects.
- Advising institutions and funding bodies in their applications for climate finance related initiatives.
- Designing and reviewing systems for measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) of climate finance flows, and evaluation of greenhouse gas (GHG) and sustainable development impacts. Technical, commercial and project due diligence to inform investment decision-making.
- Guidance with GHG reporting, regulatory compliance and sustainable governance processes