World-leading expertise on carbon market design and implementation
Ricardo’s experts have a proven track record of designing and implementing robust carbon market mechanisms in industrialised and developing countries that enable our customers to achieve environmental and economic progress.
Our work brings together expertise on policy design, capacity building and technical expertise in industrial emissions abatement,
renewable energy deployment,
measurement, reporting and verification, and inventory design.
- System design (including sector and
GHG coverage), choice of regulated entity, and interactions with existing policies and enforcement regimes.
- Developing complementary approaches to carbon markets, including energy efficiency and
renewable energy trading policies.
- Cap-and-target setting, underpinned by technical analysis of sectoral abatement potential.
- Allowance distribution options including developing benchmarks and approaches to auctioning.
- Analysis of impact of linking systems and use of offset credits, including price impact, harmonisation and price stability mechanisms.
- Developing complementary mechanisms to support the development and deployment of clean technologies.
- Evaluating carbon leakage and competitiveness impacts.
MRV frameworks and guidance.
- Building emissions inventories and registries.
- Training and capacity building including design of institutions needed for implementation and operation.
- Regulatory assistance